Childcare Enhancement with a Purpose (CCEP), is a state-wide quality enhancement training initiative for childcare settings, funded by the Alabama Department of Human Resources. Realizing that only a limited number of children would benefit from Hand In Hand’s inclusive early learning program, the Childcare Enhancement with a Purpose program was implemented in 2002 to offer free training, consultation and onsite technical assistance to community childcare teachers. Training occurs at over 40 facilities throughout the service area each year, greatly enhancing childcare opportunities for children of all abilities. CCEP utilizes experienced developmental specialists to share simple, practical ways to work with and include children with special needs into the childcare settings.
Our training focuses on understanding typical development and developmentally appropriate practices. As a result, we are able to impact the care of all children with and without disabilities. The impact of our training has raised awareness for early identification of children at risk for developmental delays.
Why should you take this training?
- To become aware of the benefits of including children with special needs
- To enhance the skills of childcare teachers and other professionals
- To become more knowledgeable about developmentally appropriate practices presented by experienced childhood teachers and therapists
- To be able to identify possible areas of concern in a child’s development
- To learn how to find and utilize resources in your area
Scheduled community trainings offered statewide: