Get In Touch
Tours of our Early Learning Program are available every Thursday morning at 11 a.m. To schedule a tour, or if you would like more information, please call us at 205-944-3939 or email us.
Hand In Hand Early Learning Program is a program for children from 6 weeks to 4 years of age. The program’s name reflects total environment rich in unique learning experiences. It is a place where children play, learn and grow together. Children of all abilities develop understanding, acceptance and compassion – a great foundation for future success.
Why Hand In Hand Early Learning is Different
Imagine a place where every child is nurtured with respect and is a treasured resource. Creativity is valued and expressed through play, art, dance and music. Technology, nature gardens and outdoor experiences are an integral part of the learning experience. Children from all walks of life learn together simply as friends.
Hand In Hand reflects more than just a state-of-the art early learning program for children and families. It is a place where children of all abilities learn, play and grow together to develop understanding, acceptance and caring for one another. Developing the foundation for future success, children from 6 weeks of age to five years who have delays in one or more areas of development and those who are typically developing learn side by side in 10 spacious classrooms.
Hand In Hand Early Learning Offers:
- Teachers with Degrees in early childhood education or a related field
- Low teacher to child ratio
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum augmented with computer and technology use, literacy experiences, math and science readiness and music education
- Classrooms that are large and spacious
- Nutritious hot meals and snacks
- Indoor activity area for play, assemblies art and theater programs and extracurricular activities
- Professionals such as staff nurse, physical, occupational and speech therapists who work with children and teachers
- A fully accessible facility to you at all times
Fully Accessible Environment
Both the indoor and outdoor environments work together to provide a variety of opportunities and experiences all children deserve. Each aspect of the building, the program and the environment has been carefully designed to promote healthy, safe and happy setting in which children can grow. Our state-of-the-art 41,000 square foot facility features:
- State-of-the-art playground
- Covered and shaded play areas
- Spacious areas for children to learn within a totally accessible environment
- Multi-sensory gardens
- Nature trails
- Sports activity areas.
The early learning program is fully licensed by the Department of Human Resources and nationally accredited by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children).