United Ability Employment Services Department is committed to the long-term success of every business that participates in one of our employment programs. Our goal is to help both employers and individuals with disabilities acquire and maintain a beneficial employer/employee relationship.
Individual Employment Services
United Ability Employment Services offers two programs:
- One-on-one Support – including job coaching, to assist an individual in learning and maintaining a job in the community
- Pre-Hire Training – focusing on helping an individual with more pre-hire needs before he or she gets the job
In both programs the individual will work one-on-one with an Employment Specialist to do the following:
- Explore different jobs
- Search for a position
- Receive Job Coaching (when necessary)
- Ongoing Job Support
We also work with an individual on their resumes, working on applications and interviewing skills.
Our Employment Services Goal
At United Ability Employment Services, we envision disability as a common part of the human experience. We are committed to making this vision a reality.
In order to utilize our services as an individual with a disability, he or she must be referred to our program from the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services or from the Department of Mental Health. There is no cost to the client for working with United Ability Employment Services.
Businesses Partner Employment Services
All United Ability Employment Services are free to business partners. We assist potential business partners with the following:
- Recruitment Assistance – We can help businesses find quality applicants, reducing advertising and recruiting costs
- On-Site Retention Support – We are available to assist during orientation and training
- Post-Hire Support – We follow up with the employer and employee to ensure success, helping reduce turnover
- Disability Awareness Training – We can come to your business and speak on a variety of subjects related to hiring and working with people with disabilities
Benefits of Hiring through Our Employment Services
Employment Specialists assess the employer’s needs and the abilities of the individuals in our programs to make a good job match. There are several benefits to hiring through United Ability including helping your business reach your diversity goals and being eligible for up to a $2,400 tax credit for your business. While hiring one our our clients is good PR for your business, statistics show our clients also have a higher retention rate.
There are several ways your business can partner with United Ability’s Employment Services including: allowing our individuals to do job ‘tryouts,’ allowing our individuals to job shadow, assisting with mock interviews, hiring our individuals or helping us network our services to other businesses.
Get In Touch
Potential Business Partners can contact Katie Dumais our Manager of Employment Services at 205.944.3979 or email@example.com