Support United Ability while shopping on Amazon! Next time you place an order, visit our personal link and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organization you select. Once you have selected United Ability as your charity of choice, simply go to smile.amazon.com in the future and all eligible products will benefit us mission!
Planet Fundraiser is a free mobile app that helps supporters like you give back to your school or cause of choice just by making everyday purchases. Here’s how it works:
- Get the Planet Fundraiser app here.
- Shop at a business near you
- Take a picture of your receipt with the app (Includes grocery stores, retail, and restaurants, among others)
- A percentage of your total purchase is automatically given to United Ability
The Simpson-May Society and the United Ability Foundation both provide a wonderful way to establish a legacy that continues to provide a life without limits to children and adults with disabilities.
United Ability is very thankful for your generosity and thoughtfulness! Please contact Lee Thrash at (205)944-3909 or by email at email@example.com with any questions about items you’d like to donate.
Many companies offer matching gift programs that will double, and in some cases triple, the value of their employee’s gifts. Some companies will even match gifts and/or volunteer hours made by retirees, spouses and/or children.
Please contact your company’s human resources department to determine if your company has a matching gift program and whether your gift to United Ability is eligible for a match.
Charity begins on the golf course at the Regions Tradition. Birdies for Charity is your opportunity to help charities in the local community, and chance to win some great prizes. When you chip in for an area charity, you can help make them a big winner! That’s because participating charities receive every single penny of the donations collected in this program, plus a bonus match with the Matching Funds Pool.
Gifts of Stock
Donations of appreciated securities, usually common stock, provide a tax-efficient way of making your gift.
Gifts of appreciated securities held for more than one year entitle you to a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of gift. Additionally, you avoid the capital gains tax that would otherwise be due on the appreciation if the security were sold.
Please notify us before you initiate a stock transfer so we can identify your gift when it is received and acknowledge it in a timely manner.
To Donate Appreciated Securities (Stock):
- Contact Taylor McElroy at Stifel Investment Services – (205)226-3279 – to state you wish to donate stock to United Ability and to notify him your broker will be transferring securities.
- Request for your broker to transfer securities in a brokerage account directly to United Ability via DTC #793, for credit to account #3855-9898.
- Please have your broker send an email to Alison Berman with the number of shares, the company name and your name so that we can accurately credit and track your donation.
Caution: Depreciated securities (securities worth less than you paid for them) should not be given directly to United Ability. Instead, you should sell the securities to generate a tax-deductible capital loss and give the sale proceeds to United Ability.
Your gift, whether cash or appreciated securities, will be greatly appreciated!