Thank you for you interest in engaging with our programs as a volunteer. Whether spending a few hours with us for a specific project or serving in a long term capacity, you will go home with a firsthand connection to our caring staff and promising participants.
Below are specific annual volunteer opportunities, but there are frequent needs for individuals or groups to volunteer. To inquire about immediate volunteer opportunities, contact Lee Thrash at (205) 944-3909 or email@example.com.
Please be aware that volunteer opportunities with our children’s programs are extremely limited. Volunteers who plan to serve more than 16 hours must complete a TB test and background check.
If you have a love of gardening, partner with Hand In Hand or LINCPoint to provide guidance and direct assistance for our gardens.
United Ability Day Order Preparation
For more information on our United Ability Day t-shirt fundraiser, click here.
- Fold and Organize shirt stock by size
- Bag/Box orders according to each order form submitted and organizing for easy identification during pick-up
- Assist staff during Pick-up Days
Needed during weeks before United Ability Day.
Gone Fishin’ – May 13 & 14, 2019
Volunteers are needed from 8/8:30am until 1pm to:
- assist with fishing
- manning arts and crafts tables
- serving food and drinks.
GIG: Giving is Good Teen Summer Volunteer Program
Application Period: Jan-Apr | Service Period: June & July
Responsible teens entering 8th – 12th grades have the opportunity to serve hands-on with our outstanding participants in the LINCPoint Adult Day Program or Hand In Hand Early Learning Program during the summer.
- Assisting with classroom lessons
- Participating in Water Play Days with HIH children
- Overseeing artwork completion with LINCPoint adults
- Becoming more comfortable interacting with individuals who are different
- Learning more about careers working with individuals with disabilities
- Knowing your summer was spent improving the lives of others
Application and directions may be downloaded below.
Volunteers must commit to serving at least a total of 32 hours during the 7 week period and attend orientation. If you have any questions, please contact Lee Thrash at 205-944-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.